The Center for Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (CCEFP) will hold its Virtual Summit April 13-14th. The bi-annual meeting for the fluid power industry and academic researcher collaborators connects industry to university resources and talent through technical presentations, networking opportunities, facility tours of the host university, and special features.
The agenda includes the following:
Tuesday, April 13th will focus on component-specific research:
- Efficient, Compact, and Smooth Variable Propulsion Motor – Jim Van de Ven, UMN
- Polymer-Enhanced Fluid Effects on the Dynamic Response of Hydraulic Pumps – Paul Michael, MSOE
- Understanding Interfacial Mechanisms of High-Performance Ionic Liquid Lubricants – Ashlie Martini, U of California – Merced
- Use of Machine learning to create Regression-Based Pump/Motor Models – Jose Garcia Bravo
Tuesday evening will conclude with a guest presentation by Venkat Srinivasan, Director of Argonne Collaborative Center for Energy Storage Science (ACCESS) / Deputy Director of Joint Center for Energy Storage Research (DOE Innovation Hub) at Argonne National Laboratory and a poster session.
Wednesday, April 14th will highlight fluid power systems and applications
- Electrohydraulic System Diagnostics with Recursive Spectral Analysis – Zongxuan Sun, UMN
- Individual Electro-Hydraulic Drive for Off-Road Vehicles – Andrea Vacca, Purdue University [Presenters: Shaoyang Qu, Federico Zappaterra]
- Electro-Hydraulic Axial Piston Machine – Andrea Vacca, Purdue University (30min) [Presenter Dr. Lizhi Shang]
- Short-term Energy Storage System for Hydraulic Hybrid Wind Turbine Transmissions – Kim Stelson, UMN
- Hybrid Hydraulic-Electric Architecture for Mobile Machines – Perry Li, UMN
- Optimization and Evaluation of Energy Savings for Connected and Autonomous Off-Road Vehicles – Zongxuan Sun, UMN
- Soft Robotics: The Next Opportunity for Fluid Power – Eric Barth, Vanderbilt University (30min)
The event will include a guest presentation from Dr. Kent Cavender-Bares, CEO and Co-Founder of Rowbot Inc. and IEC Members Only Meeting.
Learn more and register at ccefp.org.
You may also like:
Filed Under: News