Applications are now being accepted for the Future Leaders in Motion (FLM) Class of 2024 program, which will begin at the 2023 Industry Summit.
The FLM program is designed to develop and enhance the leadership skills of the next generation of professionals who will guide and lead FPDA, the industry, and their companies.
Over 13 months and approximately 60 hours, candidates will:
- work with a mentor and build relationships with their FLM peers,
- participate in self-directed and (virtual) classroom learning,
- complete a series of projects designed to ensure understanding of key concepts to increase performance and the bottom line, and
- enhance natural leadership abilities in positive and productive ways.
Leadership is the art of executing a set of critical skills that encompasses influence, impact, and integrity. Here is a snapshot of what candidates will gain individually and as a team:
- Behavioral Insights: Using the TriMetrixEQ Assessment, candidates will have a clear understanding of their leadership style and tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Distribution 401: Attend selected advanced UID workshops focused on driving net profit, understanding the cost of mistakes, managing inventory, and building margins. Develop a comprehensive understanding of key facets within the fluid power industry.
- Facets of Leadership: Understand the difference between leadership and management; develop the skill sets to create productive teams and collaborative environments; understand your method of communication to finesse win-win outcomes; improve verbal and written communication, hone your listening skills, and learn to read body language.
- Mentoring and Coaching: Work with a mentor in the industry and participate in small group and one-on-one meetings with a professional career coach.
- University of Innovative Distribution: Participate in this concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry.
Candidates will be required to participate in about five hours of pre-scheduled programming a month. They will also attend UID one week in March, and spend three days attending the Industry Summit over two consecutive years.
Key event dates include October 1-4, 2023 for the 2023 Industry Summit in Tucson, Arizona; March 11-14 at the 2024 University of Innovative Distribution in Indianapolis; and October 1-3 at the 2024 Industry Summit in Forth Worth, Texas.
Cost for participation is $5,000, as well as all travel and hotel fees for in-person events. The program fee includes two consecutive registrations to the Industry Summit at the beginning and end of the program ($1,800); one registration for UID ($1,295); three team and one-on-one coaching sessions; and virtual presentations and workshops.
Note: The program fee does not include the cost of travel, accommodations, and incidental costs of travel to attend program segments. This will be the employer’s responsibility.
In addition to candidates, the FPDA is also looking for mentors to pair with FLM participants and sponsors of the program. Sponsorships are available for $2,500. Sponsors receive year-round recognition as described below:
- Linked logo on FPDA’s home page and the FLM webpage
- Acknowledgment of support in all FLM marketing materials
- Linked logo in FPDA’s e-newsletter InMotion
- Recognition of sponsorship in all FLM e-seminars and workshops
- Acknowledgment of sponsorship at the 2023 Industry Summit in Tucson, Arizona including podium recognition, signage at the Industry Summit FLM program honoring the first graduating class, and recognition in the Summit agenda
Learn more at FPDA.org.
Filed Under: News