The International Fluid Power Society will host its annual Spring Meeting at the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston, March 7-10, in Charleston, South Carolina. The event offers committee members a chance to get together for future planning activities. Committees include strategic planning, education, membership, certification, marketing and finance. In addition to these committee meetings and social networking opportunities, the event will host a technical workshop from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, March 7.
The workshop will be on “Proportional Directional Control Valves for Mobile Hydraulic Applications,” presented by Randall Bobbitt, CFPAI, Danfoss Power Solutions. It will include an extensive tour of open circuit proportional work function control requirements for today’s off-road mobile equipment including:
- Proportional spool valve design basics
- Comparison of industrial versus mobile work function control requirements
- Variable pump vs fixed-pump system considerations
- Open circuit load sensing systems
- Deep dive into pre-compensated versus post-compensated work function control
- Latest development trends for open circuit work function control.
Visit ifps.org/technical-workshop-2 for information and to register.
Filed Under: News