IMTS Preview: Annual manufacturing conference and exhibition returns to Chicago’s McCormick Place September 10-15.
The IMTS 2018 Conference, a platform for manufacturing education at IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show, will feature 69 sessions over four days, September 10-13, at McCormick Place. The exhibition and conference covers information for all manufacturers: manufacturing process innovation, alternative/additive manufacturing, plant operations, systems integration, Industry 4.0/lloT, and quality/inspection/metrology.
The IMTS Conference is organized into 55-minute sessions to emsure that visitors can easily attend sessions without taking too much time away from the show floor.
Session abstracts submitted by exhibitors are evaluated to ensure that they provide non-commercial insight and best practice information from credible experts, industry leaders and technical professionals. “Contracted exhibitors present on a variety of topics that cover industry needs and breakthroughs,” said Bill Herman, Director of International Exhibitions and Sponsorship for AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology, which owns and produces IMTS. “These aren’t product pitches. Conference sessions are technical deep dives that apply directly to the daily activities of engineers. That said, CEOs and shop owners often attend process-oriented sessions so they can keep an eye on industry direction, notably as it relates to additive manufacturing and Industry 4.0.” All IMTS Conference sessions will be held in the West Building – Level 1 of McCormick Place.
IMTS will feature increased space for Hannover Messe USA’s co-located shows, with 130,000 ft2 for its newly branded North American industrial technology co-located trade show. Hannover Messe USA is organized and managed by Hannover Fairs USA (HFUSA), the U.S. subsidiary of Deutsche Messe, organizer of Hannover Messe.
Hannover Messe USA will feature approximately 500 exhibitors in the East Building. Level 3 will feature its Integrated Automation, Motion & Drives USA (IAMD USA), North America’s trade show for Integrated Automation, Industrial IT, Power Transmission and Control. Located alongside IAMD USA will be the Fluid Power special display area, with about 50 exhibitors (listed below) of key fluid power technologies including hydraulic and pneumatic pumps and cylinders, sensing technologies, filtration, and more.
Seven co-located conferences
IMTS also hosts seven co-located conferences ranging from half to two-day events.
- Integrated industries — Presentations at the 2018 Integrated Industries Conference (IIC) will tie in closely with technologies on the show floor of Hannover Messe USA. IIC offers three tracks: Track A – Motion, Drive & Automation; Track B – IIoT/Industry 4.0 and Track C – Integrated Industries. Global industry experts and thought leaders will share advanced manufacturing insights, best practices and new methods to help introduce new technology onto the factory floor.
- GAMS (Global Automation Manufacturing Summit) — The Global Automation Manufacturing Summit (GAMS) will highlight the industry’s journey to operational IIoT systems, a game-changer that is poised to help manufacturers every- where measure, manage and analyze plant floor data to optimize operations. Presentation topics include IIoT in discrete manufacturing, maintenance and IIoT, “Embrace your robot: a guide to the future” and cybersecurity.
- Additive Manufacturing Conference — Held on-site at IMTS during show years, the Additive Manufacturing Conference focuses exclusively on the hottest industry trend today: additive technologies for industrial part production. The event will include technical sessions, business networking, receptions and sponsor displays that offer a practical, applications-based look at the machines, materials and methodologies being used to grow end-use tools and components.
- AppliedAM – Where Additive Minds Meet — Hosted by EOS, AppliedAM is a half-day, Additive Manufac- turing (AM) applications-focused symposium where profes- sionals will discuss how AM is being employed today and why AM is a cornerstone of true digital manufacturing and Industry 4.0. Panels and presentations will feature experts from Boeing, Siemens, UDRI, EOS and many others.
- Top Shops Workshop — The Top Shops event provides best practice information in a variety of business areas, including the machining floor, the front office and human resources. Manufacturing facilities and job shops will learn about areas where they can improve business, from the machining floor to the front office
- Industrial Laser Conference — Learn about the many industrial applications of lasers and how to incorporate them into manufacturing processes to improve efficiency and profits. Hear best practices about applying lasers for applications such as additive manufacturing, cutting, welding, marking and more.
Filed Under: News