JEM Technical Inc. achieved ISO 9001 recertification in April 2021. A priority at the company since 2003, JEM Technical has implemented the ISO quality program to ensure product, systems, and service quality throughout the organization offering clients more efficiency and value.
ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
“We take quality very serious at JEM Technical and have dedicated significant resources to ensure that our design, manufacturing, and service procedures are of the highest integrity,” said Andrea Tysdal, president of JEM Technical, Inc. “Because of our improved efficiency and QMS procedures, our customers enjoy higher quality components and systems at a better value.”
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organization.
Specific sections of the standard contain information on many topics, such as:
- Requirements for a QMS, including documented information, planning, preventative action, and determining process interactions
- Responsibilities of management
- Management of resources, including human resources and an organization’s work environment
- Product realization, including the steps from design to delivery
- Measurement, analysis, and improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits and corrective action
JEM Technical worked through Verisys Registrars of Brookfield, Wis. to achieve the most recent certification in April of 2021. A copy of the Certificate of Registration can be found on the JEM Technical website.
JEM Technical Inc.
Filed Under: News