New from plastic tubing manufacturer NewAge Industries is Clearflo 70 PVC tubing, a phthalate-free product. Clearflo 70 was developed in response to customers’ interest in fluid transfer products that do not contain leachable phthalates such as DEHP (Di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate) or BPA (bisphenol A). Some studies indicate that phthalates – chemicals used to make certain plastic materials more flexible and easier to process – may have a negative health impact.
“Our customers want to use the safest possible tubing in their processes,” said Gregg Donovan, Product Marketing Manager. “Removing the threat of a potential health hazard on our end removes the worry from our customers and lets them focus on their products.”
In addition to being phthalate-free, features of Clearflo 70 tubing include:
• The finished tubing meets USP Class VI requirements
• Made from non-toxic ingredients conforming to FDA standards
• NSF-51 (National Sanitation Foundation) listed for use with food equipment materials
• Glass-like clarity lets users view fluid flow
• Smooth surfaces for outstanding flow
• Flexibility with light weight and abrasion resistance
• Handles a variety of chemicals, gases and liquids
NewAge stocks Clearflo 70 in fifty sizes ranging from 1/16-in. through 2-in. I.D.; larger sizes are available. The company also offers braid reinforced PVC hose for higher pressure usage, as well as fitting and clamps for attachment.
Filed Under: Hose & Tubing, Hose Assembly Tips