With companies searching for ways to optimize and ensure longer lifetimes for equipment, reliable and accurate, oil condition monitoring sensors are important. To meet this need, the FPS2800 oil property sensor from TE Connectivity is optimized for fluid condition monitoring in applications from industrial machinery and compressors to off-road vehicles.
The FPS2800 measures multiple physical properties allowing simultaneous sensing of the quality, condition and contaminant of the oil. Installed directly on the equipment, the FPS2800 helps determine the correct time to change the oil and detects system issues that could lead to higher damages. The standard port connection and CAN protocol makes installation simple.
It is suitable for customers designing or servicing systems or equipment that require oil condition monitoring such as:
- Industrial and Commercial Transportation (ICT): off-road vehicles, mining trucks, construction equipment, agriculture vehicles
- Industrial: hydraulic systems, compressors, generator sets
- Complete system providers
“Current industrial and ICT markets require effective, multi-parametric solutions for systems or equipment oil monitoring,” said Antoine Gilliocq, TE’s product line manager for EMEA, Fluid Property Sensors. “The FPS2800 sensor from TE responds to the increasing market requirements for long-term fluid condition monitoring.”
TE’s FPS2800 oil property sensor offers:
- Multi-parametric sensing that measures dynamic viscosity, density, dielectric constant and temperature for enhanced fluid analysis from a single sensor.
- Simple integration that fits M14x1.5 ports and a simple communication CAN as per SAE J1939 standard.
- Rugged construction of stainless steel 316L housing to provide long-term performance.
Filed Under: Sealing & Contamination Control Tips, Sensors