WIX Filters and O’Reilly Auto Parts, both partners of the 2018 School of the Year competition, have announced the Top 20 schools selected from 221 nominations across 91 schools in the U.S.
“We continue to see year-over-year success with our School of the Year program,” said Jennifer Gibson, brand manager for WIX Filters. “WIX strives to bring awareness to how the industry is evolving and what these technical training programs are doing to keep up with those trends. The continued growth and increase of school submissions is further proof of the benefits of this program.”
The Top 20 schools are:
Region 1 (Northeast)
- Bullard-Havens Technical High School, Bridgeport, Conn.
- Calvert Career & Technology Academy, Prince Frederick, Md.
- Huot Technical Center, Laconia, N.H.
- Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES, New Hartford, N.Y.
- Salem High School, Salem, N.H.
Region 2 (South)
- Cherokee High School, Canton, Ga.
- Elizabethtown Community and Technical College, Elizabethtown, Ky.
- Forsyth Central High School, Cumming, Ga.
- Robeson County Career Center, Lumberton, N.C.
- Satellite High School, Satellite Beach, Fla.
Region 3 (Midwest)
- Auburn Career Center, Concord Township, Ohio
- North Kansas City Schools – Career and Technical Education Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- Lake County Technology Campus, Grayslake, Ill.
- Technology Center of DuPage, Addison, Ill.
Region 4 (West)
- Bonneville High School, Ogden, Utah
- Casa Roble Fundamental High School, Orangevale, Calif.
- Gilbert High School, Gilbert, Ariz.
- Kingwood Park High School, Kingwood, Houston, Texas
- Northwest Iowa Community College, Sheldon, Iowa
- Pueblo Community College at Canon City High School, Canon City, Colo.
The Top 20 schools will submit a video highlighting their tech programs by Monday, Sept. 17. Judges will review the video entries and select four finalists, or one from each region. The winner will be selected from the four finalists, with a surprise ceremony and formal announcement during AAPEX on Oct. 30.
The winning school will receive:
- $5,000 WIX Filters donation to the school’s program
- O’Reilly and WIX Filters gear
- Appearance by either the WIX or O’Reilly Auto Parts marketing unit
- Travel for the class instructor and a guest to Las Vegas to attend the recognition dinner at AAPEX
Schools selected to the final four will receive a professional automotive tool set and a $250 gift card from O’Reilly Auto Parts.