The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) announces that Denis Poirier, Jr., CFPAI, CFPAJPP/AJPPCC, CFPCC, CFPIHM, was elected 2022 president and chair during the IFPS annual meeting. He is the 62nd president of the IFPS and will take office along with the 2022 Board of Directors in January 2022.
Poirier Jr. began his career in the U.S. Navy where his primary job specialty incorporated the operation, maintenance, and repair of major caliber weapons delivery systems, small arms, and associated support equipment. He has more than 20 years of honorable military service with extensive experience in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, electronic control systems, and automated delivery systems.
He joined the Eaton Hydraulics Group in 2013 as a Senior Training Specialist and currently holds the position as the Training Operations Manager with Danfoss Power Solutions. He oversees instructor-led content, facilities, and learning materials. He is a licensed journeyman in the Electronics Mechanic trade; a Master Training Specialist with the Center for Naval Education and Training; a licensed Training Specialist with Southern Illinois University; holds a Bachelor of Science in Workforce Education and Development and certified as an Accredited Instructor and Job Performance Exam Proctor with the IFPS.
The following officers were confirmed at the meeting:
- First Vice President – Scott Sardina, PE, CFPAI, CFPHS – Waterclock Engineering
- Immediate Past President – Rocky Phoenix,CFPMMH, Open Loop Energy
- Treasurer – Jeff Hodges, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPMHM – Altec Industries, Inc.
- Vice President Certification – James O’Halek, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPMIP, CMPMM – The Boeing Company
- Vice President Marketing and Public Relations – Chauntelle Baughman, CFPHS – OneHydraulics, Inc.
- Vice President Education – Randy Bobbitt, CFPAI, CFPHS – Danfoss Power Solutions
- Vice President Membership – Garrett Hoisington, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPS, CFPMHM – Open Loop Energy
IFPS welcomes the following new Directors-At-Large:
- Brian Wheeler, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPMM, CFPMIP, The Boeing Company
- Ethan Stuart, CFPS, CFPECS, Wainbee Limited
The following Directors-at-Large were re-confirmed during the annual meeting:
- Stephen Blazer, CFPE, CFPS, CFPMHM, CFPIHT, CFPMHT – Altec Industries
- Steve Bogush, CFPAI/AJPP, CFPHS, CFPIHM – Proclain Hydraulics
- Cary Boozer, PE, CFPE – Motion Industries, Inc.
- Lisa DeBenedetto, CFPS – Argo-Hytos
- Daniel Fernandes, CFPECS, CFPS – Sun Hydraulics
- Brian Kenoyer, CFPHS – Five Landis Corp.
- Jon Rhodes, CFPAI, CFPS, CFPECS – CFC Industrial Training
- Mohaned Shahin, CFPS – Parker Hannifin
- Randy Smith, CFPHS – Northrop Grumman Corp.
Honorary Directors-at-Large and Ex-Officio were also re-confirmed during the annual meeting:
- Ex-Officio – Donna Pollander, ACA, Executive Director
- Elizabeth Rehfus, CFPE, CFPS
- Paul Prass, Fluid Power Journal
- Robert Sheaf, CFPAI/AJPP, CFC Industrial Training
Outgoing past president Jeff Kenney, CFPMHT, MHM, IHM and Director-at-Large, Brandon Gustafson, PE, CFPE, CFPS, CFPIHT, CFPMHM – Graco, Inc., have completed their tenures on the IFPS Board.
You may also like:
Filed Under: News