Purdue’s Maha Fluid Power Research Center has started planning for the 2024 International Maha Fluid Power Conference. The conference will be held at Purdue University from September 3 to 5, 2024. The goal of the conference is to network, exchange ideas, and present the recent research trends in fluid power and motion control technologies. The conference will include technical presentations, keynote lectures, lab tours, and social events. For the first time in the history of Maha events, there will be an exposition area to display latest component and off-road vehicles with latest actuation technologies.
Sponsorship opportunities will be available for participating companies. A student recruitment event will also be organized for interested participants.
The organizers have welcomed technical contributions from academia and industry on all topics related to fluid power and motion control systems, such as novel fluid power components and systems, solutions for system electrification, condition monitoring, noise and vibration, soft robotics, alternative prime movers, tribology and fluid, pneumatics, etc. They are currently reviewing papers and will send notice of acceptance by December 15.
Peer reviewed paper contributions will be published SCOPUS indexed and published open access. The conference will also feature “presentation only” technical contributions, by either academia or industry.
Keynote speakers will include: K. E. (Karl) Weiss, CTO and Senior Vice President, Caterpillar Inc.; Berend Bracht, Vice President and President, Parker; Scott Schuh, CTO and Senior Vice President, Doosan Bobcat; Steffen Haack, CEO, Bosch Rexroth;
The event will be free for all students and faculty members with active role at the conferences (authors/presenters). The event will offer varying levels of free attendance for Maha members, and up to $800 for other participants. Registration will open soon.
The event will feature multiple exhibit and sponsorship opportunities. An outdoor exhibit will occur next to the conference sessions, and it will be open to all the Purdue’s students and conference delegates. Tents and a dedicated parking space for demonstration vehicles will be available. A student recruiting event will occur during the exhibit, so that participants can interview prospective candidates directly in you private company space. The exhibit will take place at the Purdue Memorial mall, next to the main conference venue (Stewart Center).
The Scientific Committee planning the event includes:
- Torben Ole Andersen, University of Aalborg, Denmark
- Eric Bideaux, National Institute of Applied Sciences of Lyon, France
- Paolo Casoli, University of Parma, Italy
- Marcello Canova, Ohio State University, US
- Victor J. De Negri, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Ali Erdemir, Texas A&M, US
- Liselott Ericson, Linköping University, Sweden
- Wieslaw Fiebig, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Emma Frosina, University of Sannio, Italy
- Pedro Javier Gamez Montero, The Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
- José Gaspar, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Kalevi Huhtala, Tampere Universities, Finland
- Nigel Johnston, University of Bath, UK
- John Lumkes, Purdue Universtiy, US
- Bernhard Manhartsgruber, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Paul Michael, Milwaukee School of Engineering, US
- Tatiana Minav, Tampere Universities, Finland
- Damiano Padovani, Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, China
- Massimiliano Ruggeri, Italian National Research Council, Italy
- Massimo Rundo, Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
- Kazushi Sanada, Yokohama National University, Japan
- Katharina Schmitz, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- John Schueller, Univeristy of Florida, US
- Adolfo Senatore, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Nariman Sepehri, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Andrzej Sobczyk, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Brian Steward, Iowa State University, US
- Scott Sudhoff, Purdue University, US
- James Van de Ven, University of Minnesota, US
- Juergen Weber, Dresden University of Technology, Germany
- Travis Wiens, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Bing Xu, Zhejiang University, China
- Barbara Zardin, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- John Bekker, Bucher Hydraulics
- Pierre Bernard, Poclain Hydraulics
- Filippo Boiardi, Settima Meccanica
- Enrique Busquets, Bosch Rexroth
- Germano Franzoni, Parker Hannifin
- Matthew Kaldor, Bobcat
- Antonio Lettini, Casappa
- John Mahrenholz, John Deere
- Uli Melchinger, CNH Industrial
- Filippo Boiardi, Settima Meccanica
- Steve Weber, Sun Hydraulics
- Catherine Zhuang, Hengli
For complete details about the conference, visit engineering.purdue.edu/Maha/2024_MahaConference.
Filed Under: Mobile Hydraulic Tips, News